Friday, February 13, 2009

interviewed.

Before our dinner date.


One of my handmade gifts for Jordan: "I love you more than..." hearts.


Our Valentine's weekend was lovely, making it especially hard to get up and come to work this Monday morning. So, to kick off the week, I'm participating in a blogging interview by college/blog friend Katie.

Without further ado, here are my answers to Katie's questions:

1. What is your biggest goal for 2009?

Glad you asked. I actually made several goals for myself this year, but they all can be summed up in two words: Be Quiet. 2008 was a whirlwind for me (new job, big move, engagement, marriage), and I am determined to quietly enjoy 2009. So far, I feel like I’m off to a good start. Jordan and I are getting into a nice little married routine (I’m even cooking!); I’m spending some quiet time each morning with my Father… Life isn’t perfect, but it’s good. I didn’t want to waste 2009 with unnecessary chaos, and I feel like I’m accomplishing that goal. So far.

2. What would you call your perfect Saturday afternoon?

Oh man. Now that I’m in the working world, I relish Saturdays. Every single one. So it’s hard to decide what makes one perfect. That being said, I guess my ideal Saturday would include a cloudless spring day spent at the park with Jordan. Maybe a hike or a bike ride at St. Marks. Up fairly early (don’t want to waste the perfect day), good breakfast, fun to be had.

3. If I were to come visit your hometown, where would you take me and why?

You know, Tallahassee doesn’t get much credit, but now that I’m back, I think it’s beautiful! We’d head on a tour of the FSU campus first—you can't really visit Tallahassee and not see it—and we’d head by the stadium (of course). You know, Bobby Bowden and all that jazz. Then a trip downtown for the gorgeous trees and the state Capitol building. A walk around Lake Ella. Last, a trip to a local coffee shop and dinner at a favorite local restaurant (Tallahassee has lots of good ones!). One thing you won’t be doing while in Tallahassee? Shopping. The shopping here is awful! Tallahassee is a town for the artist or the outdoorsman—or the sports fan. Not the shopper.

4. What is your most embarrassing moment?

This question has always been hard for me to answer! Truthfully, I don’t think I get embarrassed too easily… I can’t remember any major traumatic event, but I do find myself putting my foot in my mouth fairly often. Once, while in a class at Faulkner, the professor asked the class what the Eustachian tube was. Nobody around the table answered, so, being the overachieving person that I am, I figured I’d give it a shot. Hate to leave the teacher hanging, you know? So I boldly responded, “Doesn’t it have something to do with being pregnant?” Um. No. It does not. The Eustachian tubes are found in your ears. The Fallopian tubes, now... Those have to do with reproduction. Was it embarrassing to make such a mistake in a class of six? Kind of. It was more embarrassing to realize I know so little about the female anatomy. You know, since I am one.

5. If you were a cookie, what kind would you be and why?

Oh boy. I’m a big fan of cookies, actually. And I’m notorious for dunking them in water. (Don’t judge.) If I had to be any cookie, though, I think I’d be my mom's oatmeal raisin cookies. They’re so delicious, and because they include oatmeal, I can eat as many as I want and still feel like I’m eating healthily. Hah.

So there you have it. Thanks, Katie! For more blogging interviews, check out what my friend Jenna had to say to Katie's questions. In the meantime, happy Monday! I may be back later to participate in MckMama's "Not Me Monday" event, so stay tuned!


If you’d like to be interviewed, follow these rules:

1. Leave me a comment & your e-mail address saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions.)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. (You get to choose the questions.) The first five “askers” get the interview (if I even have that many out there reading)!

2 comments:

jenna said...

I enjoyed reading your interview answers! (Thanks for directing your readers to my blog... it's all about networking, eh? ;)

Sabrina said...

Though it be a million years too late I would like to be interviewd:)