Monday, September 22, 2008

Somehow there's peace.

"Whatever you're doing inside of me/ It feels like chaos, but somehow there's peace/ It's hard to surrender to what I can't see/ But I'm giving in to something heavenly."

So, Jordan and I have agreed that this song by Sanctus Real is one of our new favorites. I won't speak for Jordan, but here's why I think I love this song so much: it describes exactly what's going on in my life right now. God is working on me, doing amazing things. And even though sometimes life is a little crazy, and the lessons He’s teaching me can be hard, I’m growing.

I think God is using this weird time in my life to change me. He's changing the way I study my Bible, changing the way I relate to Jordan, changing the way I see others. I’m glad! I want God to change me, to make me better. The change can hurt, and sometimes it can even be slower than I would like, but it’s happening.
And the song is right: it’s hard to surrender to what I can’t see. But, man, the blessings are going to be incredible.

(And you know what else? I love God's timing. I love that He's chosen this season to help make me better. Happy first day of fall!)

No comments: