Monday, May 13, 2013

spoken in the shop, vol. 6.



On hands-on learning
"You know, you really should have some of these toys out so kids can play with them."
(spoken while aforementioned children literally bounced balls off the store ceiling)

|||

On waiting
"I promise we'll buy these books when we're done. For now, they're keeping the kids preoccupied."

|||

On the lost art of the picture book
"Wait. Why doesn't this book have words?"

|||

On technology
"I just like to touch a book, you know?"

|||

On age appropriate learning
"Do you guys have any anatomy puzzles? We're talking about digestion right now."
(spoken by a mother while gesturing to her 6-month old baby, who I assume is advanced)

|||

On taking things to the next level
"What can you tell me about the brontosaurus?"
(5-year-old after our Tea Rex story time)

|||

On breaking and buying
"I guess I'll need to buy a few more cupcakes to make up for this."
(spoken by a dad after his children broke a vase. sweet, but... buy a book! for crying out loud!)

3 comments:

Danielle Skye said...

Digestive system for a 6 month old!! I just love these posts, there is so much humour in the everyday.

Faith said...

I really enjoy these posts, Annie!

Jovita said...

I love these! Especially the one with the six-month baby - oh my word...