This week hasn't exactly gone the way I expected. On Tuesday, I started to feel a little bit funny, like maybe the dust from all my deep cleaning last weekend had seeped into my pores and was now stuck somewhere around my nasal cavity. Thus, my second cold of the fall (despite the fact that fall temperatures have yet to actually arrive in my neck of the woods) has come upon me with a vengeance.
And I was having a pity party moment last night, a kind of "why-on-earth-is-this-happening-again-this-is-not-the-time" moment, when I decided: No. This is not how I will handle this. I shed a few tears, and yes, expressed my frustrations with the Father, and then I moved on. Things will get better. Life sometimes throws us curve balls, but it's all about how we handle them, am I right?
So here's how I've been coping:
- Emily of New Moon is a television show? You guys, have you been holding out on me? This is the greatest thing I've discovered since Anne of Green Gables, and it's on Netflix. Woohoo!
- Speaking of Netflix, I've also discovered the joy of documentary-browsing. So far, I've enjoyed The Lottery, Young@Heart, and Frontrunners. Highly recommend them all, but especially The Lottery, a film about charter schools in New York City. It's both heart-breaking and eye-opening.
- Ben & Jerry's ice cream, obviously. Phish Food is my flavor of choice.
- De-hoarding our house. Seriously, we had a storage problem. Four loads to a local donation point later, and our house is like a different place. Thank goodness.
- Fall fashions. Sure, I don't have money for them, but they're fun to look at.
- NPR Tiny Desk Concerts. These are changing my work day. So. good.
- Looking forward to the weekend. Essentially, this is what gets me through every week. But, you know.
What are you up to this weekend?