Monday, November 8, 2010

girl power.

{via here}

Just so you know, we talk about more than just women's roles and beauty in our Wednesday night class.

(And thank goodness, because that would get a little heavy week after week.)

We also spend a little time dwelling in the fun. 

Like last week, when we made a list about what we're grateful for about being girls. 

Their list? 

not having to shave a beard
more organized
creativity
bigger imaginations
smarter
clothes, style, and fashion
can wear dresses AND pants
sensitivity
a "sixth sense"
dance parties
better drivers (this one raised a mini-debate)
longer hair
fun shoes
more understanding
emotional

---

So, now, of course, I'm dying to know.

Why are you grateful you're a girl?

4 comments:

Jilliebeanie said...

I'm thankful for womanly strength and intuition...with them we have power over our circumstances.

Mom said...

I'm grateful to be a girl because I got to be the mother of YOU!

xxoo

Whitney said...

One thing (which I haven't experienced) is definitely the fact that we get to bring life into the world. Ultimately, God is the one that creates life. But we get to be the primary tool in that equation.
I love that we get to twirl in skirts, walk on our tip toes, put on lipstick, and giggle.
And that we can blow kisses to just about anybody and it's considered perfectly acceptable.
AND we can dance around in random places...and then twirl our skirts (again).

Last one,

We get to "oooh" and "ahhh" over cute boys.
Holla!

the southern hostess said...

This post makes me smile! Glad I found your blog.