Monday, September 20, 2010

home inspiration.

Despite a new lifestyle that involves trips to the library and pages upon pages of reading, I'm still trying to find some time to tackle some projects around the house. As soon as they're complete, I'll post a couple of photos. (I can't wait... Things are looking really good! Except, of course, for all the laundry and dirty dishes.)

Until then, here's some lovely home inspiration, courtesy of 6th Street Design School and 71 Toes. This might be my favorite house I've found on the world wide web, and believe me: That's saying something.






{all photos via 6th Street Design School}


I think it's all the personal touches I love the most. (Like the canvas photos in the living room, the window panes full of travel photos in the dining room, and the family motto hanging above the fireplace.) Plus, it's nice to see a home that just looks real, without too much "stuff." What do you think?

For more photos and details, visit 6th Street Design School, and check out the homeowner's blog... It's one of my new favorites!

8 comments:

Jordan Jones said...

Sweet house. And it's the exact world map you gave me! It's "fate."

Staley Mc said...

Love these rooms! Such a beautiful design style

jenna said...

Wow. I am in awe of the beauty in those pictures....

Sabrina said...

You are on the way there. You already have a giant J, like the P they have. Also, you have the map too! I figure you can acquire/make the rest of the things in hmmmm... 5 years;)All except the family photo which could take a bit longer I think!

Elizabeth Dean said...

Hey!

How is the reading going? I found that when I first started my MA getting adjusted to the reading was very difficult because it wasn't reading "for me" but it was reading that was imperative to understand.

I hope your first semester is going well.

PS- do you still have time to help me make my blog look pretty? please?

Velva said...

The house is stunning. I can see why this would be your favorite. I'm thinking it might be mine too.

carlotta cisternas said...

swoon. this is such a gorgeous house! i'm especially in love with all the bright blue "p" in the room with the world map. ahhh. i want it ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the giant framed map!