Sunday, April 4, 2010

so this is what i think.


{via here}

After a nice Easter weekend in Birmingham, I sat on my bed, painted my fingernails, and watched Gilmore Girls on DVD (the girls never get old).

And as I sat listening to dishes being cleaned (beautiful new antique dishes from Jordan's mom) and thoughts of spring clothes shopping floating in my head (hooray for contract work and closet-cleaning), I couldn't help but think:

This is good.

Marriage isn't always easy. Making big decisions together is hard, and adjusting to life with another human being is no picnic.

But mostly, it's just good.

And when I think about the way things could be, the heartbreak, the frustration, and the pain, I'm glad we did it our way. 

I'm glad I married who I did, when I did, why I did. 

I'm glad we're partners, that one of us isn't better than the other, that our gifts balance each other, and that after a passionate discussion we can say "I'm sorry" and move on.

I'm glad we support each other through law school, through grad school, through the things we've dreamed about and the things we've dreaded.

I'm glad things are the way they are.

That we are who we are.

And that He has blessed us more than we could ever ask or imagine.

And a happy Easter to you too.

No comments: