Monday, February 8, 2010

an addendum.

A wrote a post a few days ago, and I realize now it calls for an explanation, an addendum.

See, I grew up Annie Sue Butterworth.

But about a year ago, my name changed.

And I am okay with that.

I'm happy to be married to someone who I can share life’s burdens with, who I can laugh with, who I can take road trips with.

It is unique to give up your name. Funny adjusting to being Mrs. Jones (or any Mrs. at all!).

But it is a challenge I am happy to accept.

Over time, I will grow into this name I’ve taken.

I will maintain the legacy that comes with my maiden name, the name of my childhood and growing up years.

And I will embody a new legacy. One that Jordan and I began 15 months ago when I took his name and we began this great new adventure.

No comments: