Wednesday, November 11, 2009

wedding wednesday: the venue.

I wasn't one of those girls who planned her wedding when she was five, but in the back of my mind, I knew what I wanted. 

I wanted a front porch. 

Specifically, the front porch of either my own home or the plantation home right across the street. 

Due to logistics (did you know how expensive a port-a-potty is? My guess is no) and snobby people who don't rent out their beautiful plantation home, I found myself at square one. 

Thank you, Google, for being awesome. 

Online research led me to Tall Timbers Nature Conservancy, a beautiful research station just a few miles outside of Tallahassee. My mom and I drove out there with our fingers crossed. 

We needn't have worried. 

It was perfect. 

There was moss in the trees, a lake in the distance, and a massive porch. I almost couldn't believe how much it resembled the picture in my head.

Why only four other couples have ever been married there is beyond me. 

I guess the lesson is, when it comes to your wedding venue, think outside the box. You might be surprised at what you find. 






1 comment:

BPremo said...

Wow, what a beautiful wedding you had! I love you dress and your hubby's shoes.

I like your new blog look, too, btw.