Tuesday, November 24, 2009

overwhelmed.

Do you ever have those roller-coaster moments of your life, where one moment you're up, and the next, you've come crashing down? 

After our one-year celebration, I was feeling pretty good. A short work week, followed by time spent with family and friends? Sounds just about perfect. 

Then I realized Faulkner screwed-up my transcripts. The applications that were going to arrive at prospective grad schools well-ahead of schedule will now be arriving dangerously close to the deadline (that is, if Faulkner ever corrects their mistake at all). 

My 91 year old grandmother arrived home from the hospital last week healthy and happy, only to be taken back in an ambulance today.

I am exhausted. Overwhelmed. 

This time of year is always such a joy, such a gift. And my blessings are innumerable. 

But I'm still in the valley of that roller coaster. 

And I'm really ready to arrive at a peak. 

No comments: