Thursday, June 18, 2009

techno babble.

Okay, it's time for some blogging business.

First of all, I think I'm going to be changing URLs soon.

Why?

Well, my name isn't Annie S. Butterworth anymore.

And, also, I don't really like my full name being out there for all the world to see. Creepy.

So, I need some help. Mainly because most Blogger URLs I've come up with myself are taken.

I’d appreciate any of your ideas.

Also, while we’re at it, is Turning Pages still a good name? I just don’t know. I think I read too many blogs and can no longer decide what I think about my own blog. So, what do you think? While I’m changing URLs, should I go ahead and change the overall name?

Should I change formats? Like, go to WordPress?

Or what is Tumblr?

And Twitter.

Should I start to Twitter (or is it Tweet)?

And if I do, isn’t that kind of an overload? I mean, Facebook, a blog, and Twitter? And/or Tumblr?

That’s a lot.

I might be too old-fashioned for that.

I kind of just like to blog.

But I’m willing to change it up a bit.

Maybe I’ll create a website. With tabs.

I don’t know, though. I like Blogger. I've figured it out.

But Tumblr does look kind of fun.

Or does it?

I just don't know.

What do you think?

7 comments:

Jordan Jones said...

I don't know what all this "techno babble" means. However, I can answer one question you posed. I would recommend that you not twitter--but that if you do, you do so on a limited basis (for example, perhaps twice a day). Otherwise, well...it just helps out all those cyber-stalkers out there in the world. :)

katie said...

For me (knowing nothing about HTML codes and what not), Tumblr is very hard to navigate and network. Blogger is much easier to format and stuff. Just my opinion :)

jenna said...

I say no to twitter! You don't like getting too addicted to facebook, and twitter is like updating your facebook status multiple times a day. I feel like I know you well enough to know you don't want to do it. I have a twitter account because we were going to try to take advantage of it for our youth ministry. I NEVER use it. I kinda forgot how and I kinda just get annoyed when I get "tweets" from people. (Which is really only one person. haha)

jenna said...

Oh- and I like your blog title. Unless you have something else that you are really wanting, I think this suits your blog well.

JennBrenn said...

I think you do a great job at blogging and should stick with that. I also like the name you have now. Just my thoughts. Love you.

Unknown said...

Well, since I am so NOT techno (and don't really know what URL is (LOL), I definitely say stay with your blog! I love reading it; and the title is also great...whatever you decide, be sure I have the name, etc. to find you again!! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

No Twitter!!! Really that's my only opinion. I like the blog, but you might be feeling growing pains:) I already have my blog name picked out for if I get into UGA!
Sabrina