Friday, June 26, 2009

a me date.


I'm a pretty independent girl. I enjoy alone time. Driving in the car by myself. Even saw a movie by myself once-- and loved it.

But for some reason, here in Austin, I am stuck in a rut.

It could be all the Law & Order I watch has made me paranoid. There are tons of yummy restaurants and fun vintage stores all around Austin, but I'll be honest: I'm just too chicken to go it alone!

In Tallahassee (or Montgomery or Birmingham), I wouldn't think twice. But in a town whose slogan is "Keep Austin Weird," I'm having some trouble getting out and about. And it's making me feel like a coward.

So today, my last full day here, I'm branching out. (Safely, of course.)

And I'm resolving publicly to:

- Sit beside someone in one of the breakout sessions and say hello
- Enjoy a Michael Jackson cupcake from Hey Cupcake
- Grab a slice from Home Slice Pizza
- Find a bite to eat outside of the conference center during lunch

I can do it. I know it. And as a little incentive, I purchased a little something at today's Designers' Marketplace. I can't wait to show it to you!

Wish me luck on today's adventures. I'll let you know how they go!

1 comment:

Chet said...

you mean you are in one of the coolest cities in America and you haven't gone exploring?!

get out there sister!