Friday, March 27, 2009

i heart silver linings.

This is making me sleepy... Plover Organic bedding via decor8.

Sometimes, I get a little busy, and I miss things.

I get caught up in my daily tasks, and I fail to see the blessings.

Well this week, there have been some blessings, and I don’t want to let the day pass without recognizing them.

Today, just as the bank account was dipping too low for my taste, I got my reimbursement check for all that travel I did for work this month. Now our savings and checking accounts are replenished, and there was even enough left over for a little date night and. Trust me, at the end of the month, this is big news.

Then yesterday, while perusing Craigslist in a bit of frustration, I came across someone paying $50 to anyone who would edit and redesign a brochure for his small business. Guess who got the gig (and the cash)? Maybe I’m on my way to a home office after all…

Of course, financial blessings aren’t the only silver linings that came my way this week. Rain finally blew into Tallahassee, removing the yellow coat of pollen from my car. When my tire went flat this week, good old Discount Tires fixed it up, free of charge. And, until Duke and Memphis’ sad losses last night, I was beating my entire church group in March Madness. (I’m still beating the husband.)

All in all, a pretty great week.

Sure, it's raining outside.

But there are plenty of silver linings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Counting Blessings? What about moi` and poi` :)