Thursday, September 10, 2015

spoken in the shop, vol. 24.



On kids say the darndest things
"Mom, I'm not sure if you know this about me, but food makes me dance."

|||

On bookseller/customer relationships
Customer to bookseller: "Maybe we're reading soulmates."

|||

On mother knows best
"Seriously, if I didn't think my girls would be complete a-holes, I'd totally bring them in here."

|||

On yes, absolutely, couldn't agree more
"Stanley Tucci has a cookbook? You know, for a short, bald guy he's pretty hot."

|||

On opinions
"I'm buying this book, but I really don't like the illustrations. Will you let him know?"

|||

On irony
Customer: "Could you guys order a book for me?"
Bookseller: "Sure, what's the title?"
Customer: "It's called Codependent No More, and I'm going to need two copies."

|||

On graciousness and gifts
Customer: "My friend said she left something here for me."
Bookseller: "Okay. What's your name?"
Customer: "Anna."
Bookseller: "Oh! Yes." Hands over envelope. "Here you go!"
Customer, disdainfully flips over envelope: "Well, I guess this is one way to get me off her back."
Bookseller, helpfully: "Um, it's actually a gift certificate."
Customer: "Oh."


No comments: