Thursday, July 28, 2011

inspired week 38.

 {photo by Andrea via her Flickr

“Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original… whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. The principle runs through all life from top to bottom. 

Give up yourself, and you will find your real self.” 

- C.S. Lewis

Friends, you can also find me today guest posting at Jessica's blog, Monster-Cakes
I'm talking about my favorite summer reads. See you there! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really poignant quote :) I want to embroider it on a pillow or something! Thanks!

I really enjoyed your post on Monster Cakes! :)

Unknown said...

That picture is so gorgeous and goes with the quote so well!

Notes She Wrote said...

cute, I've never heard that quote before but it is great!!

And that picture is so cute :)


Notes She Wrote

Brittany said...

How is C.S.L. just always right? This is my goal, to be my real self in everything I do and produce. Really great quote. Heading over to Monster-Cakes to check out your list!

Syd said...

You can always count on C.S. Lewis for a great quote!

Kelly Sauer said...

oh wow. This is the missing piece in my branding. The "not trying to be original."

wow.