Monday, June 20, 2011

belated father's day + beach brain.


 "Let's review the cost-free techniques that we've learned so far for raising an achievement-oriented, obedient, drug-free, virgin adult: Calamity, Praise, Local Theater, and flat feet. 

"Another key element is 'Strong Father Figure/Fear Thereof.'" 

- Tina Fey, "That's Don Fey," Bossypants

 ---

Guys, I have beach brain, which can basically be defined as that feeling you get when you come home from a vacation and realize it's completely inappropriate to wear your bathing suit everywhere, and the tan you worked so hard on has suddenly been reduced to a rather unsightly dry skin issue.

Forgive me while I recover.

In the meantime, happy belated Father's day to the best dad a girl could ask for. I'm glad I get to be called your daughter.

3 comments:

Staley Mc said...

Hope you had a great time at the beach. It's so hard to get back into real world mode after vacation!

I loved the part in BossyPants where Tina talks about her dad. Really I just loved the whole book!

monster cakes said...

haha I LOVE when she talks about Don Fey in the book.

ps. letter in the mail for you today! xo

Unknown said...

Oh the beach! I totally understand. I have "weekend-brain" every Monday. Alas! I'm glad you are back though!