Thursday, January 20, 2011

findings.

I've got so much inspiration floating around in my head that I'm finding it difficult to put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard). So here's a list of things that have been taking up space in my brain lately:

- This article about Mindy Kaling. I seriously think she and I could be BFF.

My birthday party, which as I predicted, has diminished to a much more low-key affair. I love reality, don't you?


- Ben Rector. Someone was holding out on me, but we found each other nevertheless. What is it about talented musicians named Ben? 

- This book, which I devoured in less than 24 hours, and have been contemplating ever since. "The Is has imagined it quite a bit better than you have."

Sometimes I am just filled with an overwhelming since of smallness. When I read things like this, or when a tragedy strikes and a precious 9-year-old child loses her life. My words escape me, and they are not enough. 

This author's project, which I can't even really begin to wrap my mind around. Thoughts?

- This list of Newbery Medal and Honor Books (of which I've read 54). Don't worry about your number; it's the trip down memory lane that makes reading the list worth it.


{image from this lovely blog}

3 comments:

Staley Mc said...

LOVE Ben Rector. He came to Samford a few months ago and is so good live too!

AbbieBabble said...

Mindy Kaling is from my hometown and went to the same college I did. I'm CONVINCED we're meant to be BFF, too, no?

I love the image with this post. It's so pretty, and so true.

monster cakes said...

Holy moly that woman is really heeding the Word. That's admirable and thought provoking. I've always struggled with the bit about cleaning and keeping meals on the table not because I don't want to do these things for my wonderful hubs, but because I work a full time job. Did women then do that? Luckily for me, the hubs is gracious, but I suppose I have to answer to someone else in the end too so I should think more on this. Thanks for getting me thinking!