Tuesday, December 29, 2009

a year of blog posts.


So here it is. What I've been writing about for the past year can apparently be summed up in the words above. I get the impression I like to write about books... a lot. And I also get the impression that the life I lead and choose to blog about is very full indeed.

I've been thinking about this year. What it's meant to me, the adventures it's held. Here's a summation, for posterity's sake:

speaking opportunities
my first married birthday
snowing in Montgomery
travel
a Macbook
a new apartment
a new job
getting used to married life
friends
dinner parties
design jobs
book club
the beach
family
tears
laughter
good movies
(I think "State of Play" and "Julie & Julia" were my favorites)
attempts at cooking
editing
getting my hands dirty

This year has been full of life: of ups and downs, comings and goings. I have loved it. But I'm ready for 2010. I'm ready for simpler living. Ready to slow things down a bit.

I have a vision for 2010 (and a new project) that I can't wait to share. First, though, I need to say goodbye to this year that has been oh-so-good to me. Then it's out with the old, in with the new. I am hopefully waiting for God to reveal just what it is He has in store.

No comments: