Thursday, February 26, 2009

deep breathing.


Photo found here via Black*Eiffel.

After some out-of-towning for work, I am back, and I am exhausted. The next couple of weeks are going to be a whirlwind for me, but I am determined to stay focused, to find calm in the chaos.

Part of finding that calm includes, for me, "giving up" Facebook for Lent.* I know Lent isn't just about giving up something, and truthfully, I am not the Facebook addict I once was. But I've decided that if I'm going to find moments of quiet in the coming days, I'm going to have to make an effort. I'm hoping that the minutes (sometimes many, sometimes few) I would have spent on Facebook will now be spent in quiet reflection, in prayer, or even just in sitting on the couch computer-free.

Anyway, if you typically find me on Facebook, I'd encourage you to email me or find me here instead. I plan on continuing to blog since, as I have mentioned before, it is a help to me when the world seems a little nuts.

(As for the photo above, I'm very much wanting to get lost these days... In a new adventure, a fun road trip, a warmer climate... Who's with me, and where should we go?)

*Also, I'm looking for devotionals for this Lenten season. Reliable resources from readers would be welcome!

4 comments:

jenna said...

This time next weekend, we shall get lost in the beautiful Monte Sano State Park! yay! :)

(I shall reply to your email soon.)

Cory said...

i love that print! my church is reading Marva Dawn's To Walk and Not Faint. First few chapters available here: http://books.google.com/books?id=AkniKbfTW0MC.

Also, I'm finding Celebrating the Christian Year by Martha Zimmerman to be quite a good read.

Anonymous said...

You and I are definitely on the same wavelength. I was going to Facebook...wait email you when I saw your status about Lent. I am so biased now because of this big misconception that I have witnessed/heard in previous years (ex. Let's give up shopping at the mall...and replace that with only on-line shopping). Thankfully you get the point, if you give up something then you are supposed to replace it with time spent in prayer, meditation, Bible reading, etc. I have a Checklist for Life for Women devotional book that I enjoy. The devo's are short, but applicable to life! PS. I will probably start calling you more since you are on a Facebook break. You can decide if that's a good or bad thing:) Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Um, I'm with you, and I would really love a trip to the beach right now!