Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Share the love.

Found on Etsy.

So, as I mentioned yesterday, I spoke at Jewels this weekend, and it was fabulous! Of course, I only knew that it was fabulous in my eyes; I had no idea what the girls in the audience might have thought. (Besides the girl who happened to be related to me. She thought I was awesome, and honestly… that was enough.)

But yesterday I received a Facebook message from the head of the event, and she was kind enough to provide me with some feedback the high schoolers left before heading home.
Their encouragement was overwhelming.

I won’t post their comments here (that’d be a bit overkill, don’t you think?), but their words made my day! It means so much that I may have had an impact on someone’s life or heart this past weekend. It means God may have had an impact, that God chose to speak through me. What an awesome feeling!

Which got me thinking: if those words made my day, what’s to prevent me from making other people’s days? Why don’t compliments and words of encouragement flow freely from my mouth? Why isn’t kindness my first language?

The joy those words brought me yesterday cannot fully be described. I want others to experience that joy. Just a few kind words can go a long way. So I’m going to start sharing the love.

No comments: