Tuesday, January 13, 2009

confession.

I hear confession is good for the soul.

So I must confess:


I am ridiculously out of shape.


I am petite, it’s true. But after utilizing my cousins’ Wii Fit and discovering that my “Wii Fit Age” is 41 (um, that’s nearly twice my real age!), I am surrendering to the fact that petite-ness isn’t everything.

No, sir.

I may be small, but small doesn’t equal healthy (unfortunately).

So, my new year’s decision to exercise is being immediately implemented. Jordan and I have been walking in the mornings, yes, but now I am determined to begin the dreaded jogging in the afternoon. Last night I used the parentals’ treadmill to walk for 30 minutes. I thought I was going to die.

To top it all off, I’m asking for my own Wii Fit for my birthday. Prior to the discovery that I am, in fact, middle aged, I made a lot of fun of the Wii Fit. “Why can’t people just get off the couch and play outside? Why do people need a video game to help them exercise?”

Because, dear, naive, 20-something self: the Wii Fit is much more than a video game. It’s a personal trainer.

And let’s face it: I don’t have the money for a personal trainer. Nor do I have the money for a gym membership. Really, I don’t. I do, however, have a 23rd (or is it 42nd?) birthday coming up.

So, Mom, are you listening? I’d like a Wii Fit, please. Pretty please?

(And, also, one of these. Because I probably will get tired of working out in front of a television.)


Courtesy of Oh Joy!.

1 comment:

jenna said...

Cute bike!!

I, too, have been striving to be a healthier me. (My WiiFit age was just 28, but I am... well... not petite. haha) My new roommate and I exercise almost every morning and I have started exercising some at night too. I eat Special K cereal in the mornings, drinking mostly water (or sugar free Crystal Light), and it is No-Sweets-January. That's right. No sweets. At all. It is killing me. But I am glad I have a roommate doing it with me and holding me accountable. I call her my personal trainer!

(Fun fact- I am actually in a weight loss competition - Biggest Loser style- and the competition ends Feb 15. I am fighting hard this last month. We started in Nov. and I really didn't take it seriously till the end of December, but I am on a roll now!!)