Monday, December 22, 2008

attention new england:

Dear New England,

I can’t get you off my mind. I know this is probably moving pretty fast, but I just think you should know. The chilly winter days, the adorable hats and scarves, the historic churches, the cobblestone streets… You’ve captured my attention, and it’s everything I can do not to wish I’m still with you.

But I have to move on. I’d hate for the “end-of-vacation” depression to kick in right as Christmas is beginning. So, I’ll look at photos like these, and choose to remember with hope instead of longing.

I’ll cherish the memories we made, and I’ll hope for a time when we can be back together again. When money’s not so tight, and work isn’t calling my name. When life isn’t so hectic, when Jordan and I need another break. Maybe when the leaves are changing color, we’ll see each other again. I think I’d like that.

So, New England, I’m saying goodbye. But I’ll keep dreaming. The memories we made will keep my love for you alive.

Still very much yours,
Annie
More honeymoon pictures can be seen here.

2 comments:

Cory said...

annie dearest,
sometimes you're so cute i simply can't stand it. are we still friends?
sincerely,
cory

jenna said...

I, too, love New England. Ever since I went on the trip with the English department, I have longed to go back.... I loved all of your pictures! SO glad you guys had a great time!!